Please check out this useful links:
Ground Transportation on Long Island (Information for 2018 Game Theory Festival Coming Soon)
If you are coming by car, you should know that you have two options:
- Visitors to the university may obtain a permit and park in the specific areas designated in the permit. According to internal regulations, as parking spaces on campus are severely limited, visitors should park in the peripheral lots or parking garages;
- Visitors with no permit can use university garages or metered spaces, which are subject to a parking fee.
If you need to obtain a parking permit, please, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request by June 22, 2019.
- SBU Transit is the free bus service on Campus. Information on routes and schedules for Campus buses can be found here. You can also see a map here. NOW AVAILABLE: SBU SMART TRANSIT APP, live vehicle location and estimated arrival times.
- Visit the Suffolk County Transportation site for information on other bus routes in the area, fares and schedules.
Taxi and Limousine Services
There are several taxi and limousine services that serve the Long Island area and the New York and Long Island airports:
- Spartan (1-631-928-5454): pick-up from JFK and La-Guardia airport (private cab $99+tax, shared cab $78+tax) or Islip (private cab $54, shared cab $39)
- Reservation -- Please fill in the form (to and back to airport) and fax it to Spartan office at 1-631-928-9048
If your pick-up or destination is the School Dorm, the address Chavez Hall, 225 Circle Rd, Stony Brook, NY 11790.
- Classic Transportation (1-631-567-5100): pick-up from JFK, La-Guardia airport or Islip.
- Lindy's Taxi (1-631-444-4444).
- Always Available Taxi Service (1-631-265-2500).
- LIALS (Long Island Limousine Service) (1-631-234-8400).
- Winston Airport Shuttle (1-631-816-2104).
Long Island Railroad (LIRR)
LIRR trains serve the Long Island area and connect it with New York City and main airports.
Please check LIRR Train Schedule for details.
- Avis (www.avis.com), with locations in Stony Brook and Port Jefferson.
- Toll free: 1-800-230-4898
- Local: 1-631-751-9091
- Enterprise (www.enterprise.com), in Port Jefferson.
- Toll free: 1-800-261-7331
- Local: 1-631-361-2100
- Hertz (www.hertz.com), located in Port Jefferson.
- Toll free: 1-877-826-8782
- Local: 1-631-474-1967